Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Smell my fingers

I'm just gonna keep this one short and sweet. Well, not really sweet, actually it's a bit off. And when I say a bit, I mean a lot.
A brief run down: Hysterectomy two weeks ago, back in the hospital last week because of a dog attack, internal bleeding, magic act on my "girlie parts," follow-up doctors visit.
And that brings us up to the story I'm about to tell. The OB/GYNE came into my room asking how I was doing. "A lot better," I said. "The bleeding has stopped and I just have a little cramping." "Sound great, now lets do an exam to make sure the blood clot held," he said. "Everything feels intact, and it looks like your healing nicely. And with all of the antibiotics you were given via. the IV, you should be without any infection."
You'll never guess what he did next........I'll tell you. He pulled his hand out of my "girlie parts" and sniffed his glove. "Nope, no infection," he said. I'm just going to leave it at that. Isn't it crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment